Drain the salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if wished, and break the salmon into large chunks with a fork.
Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a frying pan and add the shallots. Cook gently for a couple of minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes, peppers and artichokes, tossing them together as they cook for about two minutes, to warm them through.
Whisk together the remaining olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Share the salad leaves between 4 plates. Gently stir the salmon chunks through the vegetables, and then divide between the plates. Drizzle with the dressing and serve at once.
Cook’s Tip: If you’re not keen on artichokes, use mushrooms instead.
• 1 x 418g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 shallots, sliced
• 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 250g (9oz) roasted peppers in brine, drained
• 175g (6oz) grilled artichokes in brine or oil, drained
• 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
• salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 x bag rocket, watercress and spinach salad