PREP TIME: 40 minutes
Drain the canned salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon into small chunks.
In a mixing bowl, combine the tomato, onion, avocado, cucumber, coriander and lime or lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add the salmon and stir it through gently.
Pack the mixture into four ramekin dishes, or use cook’s rings if you have some. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes.
Arrange some rocket or salad leaves onto four serving plates, then turn out the salmon timbales. Serve at once.
Cook’s tip: These timbales are best served quite soon after making them, as the avocado browns if made too far in advance.
• 1 x 416g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• 1 large tomato, skinned, deseeded and finely chopped
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 1 small avocado, pitted, peeled and finely chopped
• ¼ cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
• 1 tbsp lime or lemon juice
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Rocket or salad leaves, to serve