COOKING TIME: 28 mins
DIETARY: This recipe contains fish and sesame seeds.
Put the side of salmon onto a tray with a rim (not metal).
Mix together the soy sauce, chilli sauce, mirin or wine vinegar and sesame oil. Pour over the salmon, making sure that it covers the surface of the fish. Cover and chill until ready to cook (at least 30 minutes).
Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
Slide the side of salmon onto a large roasting tray, tipping the marinade on top. Sprinkle the sesame seeds, spring onions and chillies evenly over the surface. Roast for 15-18 minutes, then cool for 5-10 minutes to allow the fish to rest. Serve with sweet chilli sauce on the side.
Marinade the salmon for up to 24 hours before you plan to cook it – then you can get ahead with your preparations.
• 1 side wild Alaska salmon
• 3 tbsp light soy sauce
• 3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
• 1 tbsp mirin (rice wine vinegar) or white wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
• 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
• 2 fresh chillies (green or red), deseeded and finely sliced
• Sweet chilli sauce, to serve