COOKING TIME: 6 mins
DIETARY: This recipe contains fish.
Sprinkle each salmon fillet with a few fennel seeds.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the salmon fillets, skin side down. Cook over a high heat for 2-3 minutes to crisp the skin, then turn the heat down and turn the salmon fillets over. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, then turn off the heat.
Make the salsa by mixing together the watermelon, lime zest and juice, red onion and mint leaves. Season with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper.
Serve the salmon with the salad leaves, with the salsa spooned on top.
You could use honeydew, Cantaloupe or Galia melon instead of watermelon.
• 4 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• 2 tsp fennel seeds
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 wedge watermelon, deseeded and finely chopped
• Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• A few mint leaves, roughly chopped
• Pinch of caster sugar
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• Salad leaves, to serve