1) Melt the butter without clarifying, then peel the potatoes and grate into a bowl.
2) Sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 10-15 mins.
3) Meanwhile, hard boil 2 eggs then chill and peel. Separate the yolks and the whites, set aside and reserve.
4) Soft boil the remaining 3 eggs, chill, and peel. Place in a blender with the horseradish sauce and blend well. Turn to a low speed and slowly add the oil until a thick but creamy emulsion is formed. Set aside in an airtight container.
5) Place the potato in a clean cloth and wring until all excess liquid has been removed. Mix with melted butter and season with pepper.
6) Spread thinly over a wide non-stick frying pan and gently heat on a medium heat until the potato starts to fry, temper the heat until the potato is golden and crisp on one side, flip and repeat the process.
7) Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess grease then slide onto a plate to serve.
8) Spread generously with emulsion.
9) Top with finely sliced smoked Alaska salmon.
10) Grate over hard boiled egg whites followed by yolks.
11) Sprinkle over spring onions and finish with coarsely ground black pepper.
2 x large red skin potatoes
100g x unsalted butter
Smoked wild Alaska salmon
5 x eggs
150ml x olive or rapeseed oil
1 x tbsp hot horseradish sauce
3 x spring onions
Salt and pepper