Preheat the grill. Arrange the salmon fillets on the grill rack and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the flesh is opaque and flakes easily. Set to one side to cool.
In a large salad bowl, mix together the rocket, fennel, spring onions, cherry tomatoes, avocado and prawns. Break up the salmon into large chunks, removing any skin, and add to the mixture. Share between four serving plates or bowls and sprinkle the lemon juice on top. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
Mix the mayonnaise and pesto sauce together and serve with the salad.
Cook’s tip: Use mixed salad leaves, watercress or spinach instead of the rocket for a slightly different taste.
• 500g (1lb 2oz) wild Alaska salmon fillet
• 100g (4oz) rocket
• 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
• 350g (12oz) large cooked peeled prawns, thawed if frozen
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 4 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 tbsp green pesto sauce