SERVES: 4 portions wrapped in Pancetta and served on Red Quinoa and Pistachio salad
• Skin salmon and trim away the thin belly.
• Take the pancetta and lay over lapping at the edge onto a piece of cling film
• Make the pancetta as long as the piece of Salmon.
• Place the salmon onto the pancetta and wrap the pancetta around the salmon tightly, then wrap the cling film around the whole thing tightly.
• Place salmon in the fridge to chill.
• Wash the quinoa well and cook in 450ml of salted water.
• Cook on a medium heat for 15 to 20 min bring to boil slowly.
• Refresh the quinoa in cold water and drain place in fridge.
• Place the vinegar, chipotle paste and mustard in a small bowl then wish together.
• Slowly add 100 ml of the olive oil, season and whisk to a semi thick dressing.
• In a bowl mix the pistachios, apricots, chive and quinoa, then add 3/4 of the dressing keeping some back to dress plate.
• Melt the butter in a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
• Take the salmon out of the fridge and with the cling film still attached cut into 4 portions.
• Remove the cling film.
• Place into pan with butter and fry on all sides basting with hot oil and butter to colour pancetta for 6 to 7 min or until you have a good colour on pancetta.
• Place a spoon full of quinoa mix on the plate once the salmon is cooked cut in half to form 2 triangles and place on top of quinoa then dress plate with remainder of dressing.
1 side Wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon
150g sliced Pancetta
200g Red Quinoa
50 ml White wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chipotle chilli paste
1 teaspoon grain mustard
150 ml Olive oil
35g Pistachio nuts roughly chopped
35g dried apricots Finley diced
2 teaspoon chopped Chives