PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan oven 170°C, Gas Mark 5.
Drain the canned salmon, discarding the liquid. Remove any skin and bones, if wished, then break the salmon into chunks.
Using a teaspoon, hollow out the courgettes a little, discarding the seeds. Arrange in a large baking dish and brush with the olive oil. Spoon the salmon into the hollowed-out courgettes and season with a little salt and pepper.
Spoon the pasta sauce over the courgettes, then sprinkle the cheese on top. Transfer to the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until bubbling and golden.
Cook’s tip: Another time, use pointed red peppers or Portobello mushrooms instead of courgettes.
• 1 x 416g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• 4 large courgettes, halved lengthways
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1 x 350g jar pasta Bolognese sauce
• 75g (3oz) Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, finely grated