DIETARY: This recipe contains fish, milk and gluten.
Drain the salmon and remove the skin and bones. Break half the salmon into large chunks and set aside. Mash the rest of the salmon with a fork.
Halve, pit and peel the avocado, then mash with a fork and mix with the mashed salmon, chives or parsley and Parmesan cheese. Season with a little vinegar or lemon juice and black pepper.
Toast the bread and spread with the salmon mixture. Cut into triangles and top with the reserved salmon chunks. Garnish with herbs, then serve.
You’ll need to make these canapés shortly before serving them, so that they are super-fresh.
• 1 x 418g or 2 x 213g cans red or pink Alaska salmon
• 1 large ripe avocado (or 2 small ones)
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives or parsley
• 50g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
• Few drops of white wine vinegar or lemon juice
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 5 slices wholemeal bread
• Fresh herbs, to garnish