COOKING TIME: 30 mins
DIETARY: This recipe contains fish,
Rub the orange zest over the salmon fillets, add a few thyme leaves and season with black pepper. Cover and set aside.
Put the potatoes on to cook for and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
When the potatoes have been cooking for 10 minutes, heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan and add the salmon fillets, searing them on all sides for a few seconds.
Add the Cointreau or white wine and let it bubble up for a moment, then add the orange juice. Squeeze over the pulp and juice from the passion fruit, then add a few more small thyme sprigs. Cook gently for 4-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked. To check, test with a fork – the fish should be opaque and should flake easily.
Meanwhile cook the broccoli or green beans in boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
• Serve the salmon with the sauce spooned over, accompanied by the new potatoes and vegetables.
Add a splash of hot water to the sauce if it reduces down too much.
• 2 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
• Sprigs of fresh thyme
• 400g small new potatoes, scrubbed
• 20g butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 4 tbsp Cointreau or dry white wine
• 1 passionfruit
• Long-stem broccoli or green beans, to serve
• Freshly ground black pepper