DIETARY: This recipe contains fish.
Wrap the salmon fillets in lightly oiled greaseproof paper or foil. Place in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Turn off the heat and cool (the salmon will continue to cook as it cools). Drain and flake the salmon.
Make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and chopped fresh coriander. Season with a little salt.
Make the guacamole by mashing the avocados, then mix in the tomato. Season with freshly ground black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Layer the mixtures into attractive serving pots or glasses, starting with the salsa, then the guacamole, and finally the salmon. Sprinkle with lemon juice, season with black pepper and scatter the chopped coriander or parsley on top. Serve with tortilla chips or crusty bread.
Cook the salmon the night before, then it’s ready to make the packed lunches – or use drained, flaked canned Alaska salmon instead.
• 2 x 125g fillets wild Alaska salmon
• A little olive or vegetable oil, for greasing
• Juice of ½ lemon
• Chopped fresh coriander or parsley
• 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
• ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
• ½ small red onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
• 2 small ripe avocados, halved, pitted and peeled
• 1 tomato, skinned, deseeded and chopped
• Squeeze of lemon juice
• Freshly ground black pepper
• Tortilla chips or crusty bread, to serve