Drain the can of salmon and remove any skin and bones, if wished. Add the lemon juice and some black pepper, then flake the salmon with a fork.
Split the baguettes in two and spread with butter. Top with the avocado slices, then the salmon mixture.
Make the salsa by mixing together the tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions and coriander. Add a few drops of vinegar. Spoon on top of the salmon, then put the baguette tops in place. Serve at once.
Cook’s tip: Serve these baguettes soon after making them, or else the avocado will begin to go brown.
• 1 x 416g can red or pink wild Alaska salmon
• Juice of ½ lemon
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 4 baguettes
• Butter, for spreading
• 2 small ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced
• 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
• ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
• 4 spring onions, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
• A few drops of white wine or cider vinegar