1) Heat a large frying pan over a high heat until smoking. Toss the lettuce quarters in the olive oil and add to the hot pan. Sear the lettuce on both sides until coloured then remove from the pan and leave to one side.
2) Add the lardons and gently fry until lightly browned.
3) Add the butter to the pan and allow to melt before adding the onion. Fry gently, taking care not to let it brown. Once cooked, add the peas to the pan and allow to cook for a couple of minutes then push the mixture to the side of the pan.
4) Lightly season the pollock fillets and add to the pan. Gently cook the fillets on either side then add the crème fraiche and lettuce to the pan, allowing to bubble for a couple more minutes.
5) Sprinkle over the chopped herbs and serve immediately.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Little Gem lettuces, quartered
100g smoked bacon lardons
A knob of butter
1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
200g frozen peas
4 Alaska pollock fillets
3 tbsp crème fraiche
A small handful of fresh chives and dill, chopped
Sea salt flakes
Freshly ground black pepper